CEC, with direction from the business community, has implemented into its daily curriculum, work ethic traits and soft skills recognition. The following are the most commonly recognized soft skills. Answer the question(s) after each to see if that is a strong attribute for you and an asset for your employer.
Strong Work Ethic (CEC EMPHASIS)
- Are you motivated and dedicated to getting the job done, no matter what?
- Will you be conscientious and do your best work?
- Are you optimistic and upbeat?
- Will you generate good energy and good will?
Good Communication Skills (CEC EMPHASIS)
- Are you both verbally articulate and a good listener?
- Can you make your case and express your needs in a way that builds bridges with colleagues, customers and vendors?
Time Management Abilities (CEC EMPHASIS)
- Do you know how to prioritize tasks and work on a number of different projects at once?
- Will you use your time on the job wisely?
Problem-Solving Skills (CEC EMPHASIS)
- Are you resourceful and able to creatively solve problems that will inevitably arise?
- Will you take ownership of problems or leave them for someone else?
Acting as a Team Player (CEC EMPHASIS)
- Will you work well in groups and teams?
- Will you be cooperative and take a leadership role when appropriate?
- Do you truly believe you can do the job?
- Will you project a sense of calm and inspire confidence in others?
- Will you have the courage to ask questions that need to be asked and to freely contribute your ideas?
Ability to Accept and Learn From Criticism
- Will you be able to handle criticism?
- Are you coachable and open to learning and growing as a person and as a professional
- Are you able to adapt to new situations and challenges?
- Will you embrace change and be open to new ideas?
Working Well Under Pressure
- Can you handle the stress that accompanies deadlines and crises?
- Will you be able to do your best work and come through in a pinch?